A Center for career guidance and counselling is functioning in the college. The centre offers career and course guidance services for students at all levels. The centre provides detailed information on the facilities available for higher education available in the field of Arts, Humanities, Science ,Engineering and Management in all the universities in India. It arranges special programs for different groups of students for improving their career prospectus with the technical and professional assistance of various organisations and individuals.
The centre is also engaged in providing counselling to the students who are in the delicate stage of adolescence. The counseling programs of the centre will redress the mental and emotional anxiety on the part of adolescents in the campus which may be either due to their ignorance of adolescent issues or due to the lack of life skills to tackle such issues.
CONVENER : Smt.Reena [Department of Chemistry]
- A seminar on “How to crack civil service examinations” in collaboration with Target Learning Centre, Calicut.
- An orientation programme on animation courses and related job opportunities in association with Arena multimedia, Kannur.
- A seminar on awareness on cyber crimes and protection of internet accounts was organized for the final year students in association with G-Tech Mattannur from 6-7th August 2015.
- A training programme on how to attend bank tests was organized for the final year degree students in association with Time, Kannur on10-9-2015. A mock test was conducted and results published.
- 17 final year students attended a recruitment drive to various firms held at Calicut.
- A talk on recruitment to ICICI banks was organized for the final year and PG students.
- A registration programme to employability centre Kannur was conducted for the final year students. 59 students have registered seeking job opportunities.
- Discipline wise Orientation programme on higher studies and career options for UG students was organized from 27-6-2014 to 28-9-2014.
- 20 BCom students attended a seminar on common admission test (CAT) held at Chinmaya Mission College on 6-7-2014.The students were given a training to attend the CAT MBA entrance in online format.
- 56 final year students of various departments have attended campus recruitment programme organized by Federal bank at Payyannur College on 25-08-2014. 10 students were shortlisted out of which 2 students Resna M.V and Namratha K.V got appointment as clerks after final interview.
- 11 PG students participated in the selection procedure to Federal Manipal School of Banking on 17-10-2014. 2 students Dijil V.P and Shilpa K.P got admission after final interview.
- Campus drive to ICICI banks for final year students was conducted in collaboration with TVS group at the college on 10-11-2014. 16 students got selected out of which 2 accepted the offer
- 4 final year BSc. Physics students Aswathi P.V, Vandana Ambat , Anusree Ravindran and Swathy Raveendran were selected for placement in WIPRO at a campus drive held at Don Bosco college Iritty on 4-12-2014.
- 13 students of various departments participated in a one day workshop and training programme on global placement organized by World Malayalee Council at Kannur.
- A personality development class for the final year students was conducted in association with IQAC on 3-2-2015. Sri.K. Jayapalan, Jaycees International Trainer was the resource person.
- A mock test for recruitment to banks was conducted for the final year students in association with TIME Kannur on 19-2-2015. 50 students attended the test.
- Personal and group counseling was conducted for the II year students from 23-2-15 to 27-2-15. Dr. Girish Nambiar, clinical psychologist, Kannur was the resource person.
- A seminar on Practical accounting and taxation was organized in collaboration with Tax study centre on 6-9-2013.Taxstudy centre MD , Sri Omanakuttan was the resource person
- Preliminary exam for placement in various IT firms was organized in collaboration with Koshy’s Institute of Management, Banglore on 10-3-14.
- An interaction session on career in Management was held for the final year students. The resource person was Sri Dinesh A, Director, JOB SECURA Finishing School.
- Awareness programme on career opportunities in Logistics and Shipping Industries was organized on 8-2-2013 for the final year UG students.
- An information session on BJS All India examination was conducted on 15-9-2011. Sri T.V Prasad and Ms. Neeta Shine of NIIT Tellicherry were the resource persons.
- National level students’ development and placement programme was conducted on 6-2-2012 in collaboration with Koshy’s Institute of management Bangalore.
- A campus recruitment programme was conducted on 13-2-2013 by Eureka Forbes Limited.32 students participated and 10 students were selected.
- A workshop on Goal setting and Career planning was organised for the final year students from 7-1-2011 to 8-1-2011 with the support of INSPIRE, Telichery.
- An orientation on career options and opportunities was organized on 8-1-2011for the second year students.
- An orientation programme on MBA as career option and TIME Talent scholarship exam was conducted for the commerce students.