The Department of history was established in the year 1964 offering Pre -degree course.
Degree course with double main (Economics and History) was started in the year 1967.
Bifurcation of the double main into single main took place in the year 1995. Currently the
History department offers B.A Course.
- To create historical approach regarding the society among students.
- To help them to learn how the society and nation developed from ancient to modern.
- To create awareness among students for a better planning of future with the historical out look.
- To make the students capable to uphold the secular, socialistic, democratic and sovereign
- Focus on building excellence and professionalism
- Thrust on attaining human values, ethical, communication, and skills to have successful
careers through innovative and modern curriculum.
- Special attention to provide career-oriented quality training to impart skill requirements of the
- Value-based training for maintaining ethical conscience.
- Inculcate professionalism and global outlook through parallel soft-skill and value-added