1. As a part of the seminar series conducted by various departments in association with IQAC, Dept of
Malayalam conducted a seminar on the topic ‘Malayala Bhashayum Sahithyavum’on 21-2-2011. The
seminar topic was presented by Prof. Narendran K, Govt.Brennan College, Thalassery.
2. Department of Malayalam in association with the Literary Club observed 19th June as the Day of Reading. Dr.Kumaran Vayaleri delivered a lecturer on ‘Folk art and culture on 19-1-2011.
3. Sri. K.K Marar, the famous sculptural artist inaugurated the literary club of the college on 16 th July 2010. In connection with the function Sri Marar delivered an effective speech on 'Arts and Literature'. During the function a memento was given to Kumari Sangeetha T.P who won the first Rank in BA Degree Exam (History) last year.
1.In order to up bring the aesthetic skills of the students, Malayalam department Conducted a
Versification competition in Malayalam on 28 th Sept .2011. Many students participated in this
2. A Translation Practice programme was organized on 26 th and 27 th 2011for the 3 rd Semester students to facilitate them the art of translation.
3. The Department of Malayalam and College union together organized a programme on Koodiyattam.
1. Veteran poet and social activist Sri . Kunhappa Pattannur delivered a lecturer on the topic “poetry
and the society”.
2. Under the joint auspicious of department of Malayalam and literary club a two day book festival in the campus was organized. The exhibition was done by Kairali books Kannur from 26.06.12 to 27.06.2012.
3. Department of Malayalam conducted Ramayana Quiz to highlight the scriptural knowledge of the students on 16.08.2012.
1. Department of Malayalam conducted Ramayana Quiz to highlight the scriptural knowledge of the
students on 24.07.2013
2. Sri. Sreejith an expert in Kathakali Sangeetham rendered his class on Nalacharitham Attakkatha on 26.09.13 which is included in the syllabus of II DC.
3. A commemoration programme of the veteran music director of Malayalam Sri.K. Raghavan Master was conducted on 08.11.13. Famous singer Sri. V.T. Murali inaugurated and delivered the commemoration speech.
4. The department has taken due interest in screening to famous Malayalam movie mainly 'Perumazhakkalam' and 'Neythukaran' to the second language students.
5. The department took much initiative training the students to participated in the literary competition conducted a part of university Kaloltsav at Payyannur.
6. As an extension activity Dr. Sumitha Nair took classes on Nrithakala to the students of Nirmalagiri as a part of the open course programme
1. Department of Malayalam conducted Vayanadinam on 19 th june 2014. An essay writing completion
“Reading and Society” was also conducted on the same day.
2. Department of Malayalam in association with SPICMACAY organized a kathakali performance in the college on 8 th August 2014. The story was Nalacharitham Attakatha. The programme provided the spectators an aesthetic literacy to appreciate this sublime art in a better perspective.
3. The department has taken an enthusiastic role in screening the famous Malayalam movie 'Pranchiyettan the saint'.
4. The department took much initiatives to train the students to participate in the literary competition conducted as part of the university kalaotsavam held at Kanhangad.
1. Department of Malayalam in association with the Literary Club observed 19 th June as the Day of
Reading. Dr.Sathyanarayanan, Associate professor, Dept of Malayalam delivered a lecture on The
Importance of Reading Culture. Malayalam, Hindi and English Departments together conducted a
Reading competition in their respective subjects.
2. Malayalam Department in association with the Literary club conducted The Ramayana Quiz on 23 rd July (The Month of Ramayana) in order to give an insight and encouragement for the students in Puranas.
3. The staff club and Malayalam Department together organized The Spic macay programme on Rajastani folk dance on 31 st July 2015.(SPIC MACAY is a non-political nationwide voluntary movement that organizes programmes of classical music and dance, folk arts, crafts, yoga, classic cinema screenings, heritage walks, etc.) The programme was so spectacular and kindled the feelings of National Integration.
4. Malayalam Department in association with the Literary Club conducted the commemoration of the veteran Malayalam poet O N V Kurup on 25 th February. In each language class the programme was conducted and the students recited the poems of O N V Kurup which are noted for its lyrical and aesthetic charm.
5. Malayalam Dept and Literary Club together released the Manuscript Magazine on 21 st March. The Magazine illustrates well the creative and literary talents of the students. The thoughts and emotions of the students could be read from their literary pursuits very clearly.
1. June 19 th is observed in the campus as the “Reading day”. A poetry recitation competition has been
organized. Adarsa of II Plant Science bagged the first place.
2. Sargalaya sahithya Sangam, an initiative of Malayalam Department in association with the central library organized the commemoration of the great poets in Malayalam, Chanhampuzha and Vallathol on 18 th October 2016.
3. In association with the department of History celebrated Keralappiravi Dinam on 1 st November 2016. Dr.P.T Abdul Azeez, Principal, Sir Syed College Thalipparamba delivered a talk on the topic “Kerala:Yesterday and Today”. Students presented the Kerala art forms like Sopana Sangeetham,Vanjippattu,Onappattu,Natanpattu etc.
4. As part of the seminar series conducted by various departments in association with IQAC, Dept of Malayalam conducted a seminar on the topic ‘Eco Criticism in Malayalam Literture’ on 16-01-2017 .The seminar series was inaugurated .Dr. T.L.Remadevi, Principal. The seminar topic was presented by Mr. Pramod Vellachal , Asst.Professor of English, Mahatma Gandhi College Iritty.
5. Sargalaya sahithya Sangam, an initiative of Malayalam Department in association with the central library organized the commemoration of the great poet in Malayalam, ONV Kurup on 13-03-2017. The famous Novelist Mr. Babu Raj Ayallur inaugurated the function.
6. Malayalam Department club released a Manuscript Magazine on 20 th March.
1. The Reading Day was observed in collaboration with Book Club. Students presented papers on the
topic Reading and Society.
2. Keralappiravi Dinam was celebrated with the performance of students on Kerala art forms like Sopana Sangeetham, Vanjipattu, Orioppattu, folk songs etc.
3. Dr. Sathyanarayanan, the folklorist released the anthology of Malayalam poems titled ‘Mithunam’ written by Jithin P the final year BA English literature student. The programme was organized by Sargalaya Sahithya Sangam, Department of Malayalam.
1. Department conducted vayanadinam on 09.06.2018. Sruthi K (III DC Plant Science) ,Varsha K V (III
DC Zoology) and Sidharth (II DC History) presented the appreciation of the well known
books Arachar, Khasakkinte Ithihasam, Atujeevitham and Alchemist respectively.
2. Department also conducted Ramayana Quiz on 25.07 2018. Anjali (II DC Chemistry), Mithun V (II DC Zoology) and Sidharth Sreenivas bagged the first, second and third places respectively.
3. Department of Malayalam and History in association with Kerala Folklore Academy organized Keralappiravi Dinam on 01. 11.2018. Sri.P.V Lovelin ,Programme officer, Kerala Folklore Academy inaugurated the celebration. Sri.K Bhaskaran Master,former chairman,Mattannur Muncipality delivered the key note address. The cultural program including the folk songs sponsored by the academy catered a rich feast to the eyes and ears of the spectators.
4. Mithun V bagged the first prize in the quiz competition jointly organized by State Excise Department and Mattannur Muncipality on the topic Intoxication free Life. Malayalam department took the initiative for the programme.
1. Department of Malayalam organized Vayanadimam programmes on 19.06.19. Students delivered
critical appreciations of Malayalam Literary works like Khasakkinte Ithihasam, Aarachar, Meesa,
Manushyanu Oramukham and Enmakaje.
2. Department of Malayalam organized the commemoration of the veteran Malayalam writer Viacom Muhammed Bashereer on 17.07.29. Dr. K Liji, Asst.Professor, Department of Malayalam, Govt.Brennen College, Thalasseri, delivered the commemoration lecture.
3. Department of Malayalam and Arangu Arts Forum jointly organized a Dance and Music programme named Keli on 10.07.19. Renowned Malayalam poet V. Madusudanan Nair inaugurated the programme. Dr.Sumitha nair and students performed the dance version of the poem Amma by O.N.V Kurup. Jasika Sudheer, Department of English performed Classical music and Mrudul Rag performed Pukkanguzhal.
4. Department of Malayalam organized a lecture on Kerala Music. Dr. T.N Vasudevan (M G University) delivered the lecture on 18.07.19.
5. Department of Malayalam organized a lecture on the topic New Aattakkathakal-Oru Anweshanam. Smt.Sunitha delivered the lecture on 17.07 19.
6. Malayalam Department in association with Mathrubhumi, conducted Quiz competition in the College.
1. Arranged a Webinar on Folklore and Modern Society. Resource Person - Dr. A Sreedharan, Director,
2. Arranged a talk onThe Contemporary Status of Malayalam Poetry. Resource Person-Dr. Kumaran Vayaleri, Prof. Rtd, Sanscrit University, Payyannur Campus
3. Organided a talk on Akkitham : The Legend of Poetry. Resource person-Pramod Vellachal, Asso. Professor, MG College, Iritty.
4. Malayalam Department celebrated Keralappiravi on November 1. 2020. Dr. Devakikkutty inaugurated the programme and lot of students participated
1. Department of Malayalam observed 19 th June as the Day of Reading(online mode). Dr.Rajasree
R, Associate Professor & Writer Dept of Malayalam,Govt.Brennen College delivered a lecture
on The Importance of Reading Culture. Malayalam, Hindi and English Departments together
conducted a Reading competition in their respective subjects.
2. Department of Malayalam organized a Webinar on the topic AADIKAVYATHIL NINNU ADHYATHMA RAMAYANATHILEKKU. Dr.P V Raman kutty(Retd.Principal,Sydicate member, Samskritha Sarvakalashala Kalady delivered the lecture on 13-08-2021.
3. In association with the department of History celebrated Keralappiravi Dinam on 31-10- 2016. Dr.K N Ganeshan(Retd Prof Calicut University) delivered a talk on the topic “Kerala Culture” 4. Department of Malayalam organized a Webinar on the topic NALACHARITHAM RANDAM DIVASAM AATTAKATHAYUDE AASWADANAM. Dr.Kannan Parameswaran(director SNA Koodiyattam Kala Kendram delivered the lecture on 09-02-2022
1. As part of the Week long reading programme, june 22-23, Malayalam Department conducted 'Book
Exhibition', in collaboration with Kerala Bhasha Institute. Principal, Nandhyath Gopalakrishnan
inaugurated the programme.
2. Departments of Malayalam and Hindi, jointly organized competition on 'Book Appreciation'.
3. As part of the Ramayanamasam programme, a seminar was organized on the topic 'Ezhuthachan and our Poetic Culture'. Dr. Rajeev, Dean and HOD, Malayalam, Central University, Kasargod, presented a paper in the seminar.
4. Keralappiravi celibration was jointly organized by Malayalam and History Departments on 6th November. Principal Nandyath Gopalakrishnan inaugurated the programme and Kalamandalam Manoj performed Chakyarkooth.
5. Dr.Sumitha Nair, HOD Malayalam, received Kalamandalam Sunil Kumar award for her contribution in the realm of Mohiniyattam.