1. World Environment Day-2011 observed with KSCSTE: chief guest- Sri C Sasikumar
2. Dr Balamani endowment constituted to “Best talent in Zoology”
3. Memorial lecture by Dr K P Janardhanan
4. NSD-2011 observed with KSCSTE & DST, Dr. S. Pradeepkumar, The Controller of Examinations, Kannur University inaugurated the function.
5. Blood donation and detection- donor directory formed in association with Govt. Hospital, Thalassery
6. Eye Camp conducted in association with Vasan Eye Care Hospital, Kannur.
7. A programme on “Snake Bite and First Aid”
1. National seminar on “Faunal diversity of Kerala”- Inaugurated by Dr P S Easa, Scientist, KERI
2. Newsletter started- Skylark
3. Blood donation and detection- donor directory formed
4. Balamoni endowment and memorial lecture by Dr M V Vasathakumar, S N College, Kannur
1. World environment day celebration- supported by KSCSTE and DST
2. Water management and organic agriculture -Resource persons- Dr Sushanth C M,SWRDM, E J Joseph, CWRDM
3. Cancer care awareness- in association with Health department
4. National Science Day- A talk on & 'Life skills ' in association with A F R C, Kalpetta
5.Blood Grouping and Blood Donors Directory formation.
1. World environment day celebration with the support of KSCSTE and DST-Intercollegiate Coloquium
2. Ozone day celebrations- KSCSTE
3. Department of zoology as partner for National Environment awareness campaign by MOEF and CED
4. Workshop on “Butterfly identification “at Aralam wildlife
5. Hiroshima day rally organized
6. Visit to Science express
7. Blood group detection
1. Field trip to “Niravu” – South Indian agricultural festival at Ambalavayal
2. Balamoni Endowment,Chief Guest- Dr. Sudha, S N College, Kannur
3. Hands on training to parents of our students on “Organic farming and vermi composting”
4. Class on Apiculture- By Sri Unnikrishnan of Khadi and Village Industries, Kannur
5. Ozone day procession
6. Blood group detection
7. Higher study options in Zoology- Kavitha Anand, V I T, Vellore
8. National Science Day celebrated with the financial support of KSCSTE
9. Environment awareness campaign in collaboration with NEAC and MOEF
1. Field trip to Aralam wildlife sanctuary
2. Talk by Sri. C. Sunilkumar, Seed Co-ordinator and Chief Photographer of Mathrubhumi Daily on 'Importance of biodiversity conservation'.
3. Interactive awareness session on biodiversity with Mattanur UP School students.
1. Department felicitated Anjali K, who was the topper in CUSAT entrance examination in general
category and Divya A K in SC/ST category.
2. Ozone day was observed with the financial assistance of KSCSTE. The programme includes intercollegiate colloquium competition, painting competition for school students, poster competition for college students etc.
3. Under the initiative of Zoology department, a mobile blood donation vehicle of Department of health visited our campus and students donated 40 units of blood.
4. Dr Balamoni memorial lecture by Dr Sathees C Raghavan of IISC Bangalore.
5. Awarded Dr Balamoni Endowment to the best Zoology UG student under kannur University.
6. Zoology students organized “Urja Kiran” an energy conservation programme which includes Save Energy rallies, energy audit survey and awareness classes at Mattanur Municipal ward and Malur Grmapanchayat ward of Mattanur Legislative Assembly and Pathiriyad of Dharmadam Legislative Assembly with the financial assistance of Center of environment and development (CED)
1. Dr. Joseph inaugurated the Zoology Club activities and Freshers Day
2. World Environment Day Celebration-2018 was Inaugurated by Dr. Dineshan Cheruvat, Member Secretary, Kerala State Biodiversity Board. The programme was supported by KSCSTE & DST
3. Zoology students updated the Campus Biodiversity Register with the support of KSCSTE& DST. Sri. V. C. Balakrishnan, Secretary, SEEK, Payyannur and Sri. Unnikrishnan, Environmentalist helped the students to identify the fauna and flora.
4. Dr. Biju K.G., Asso. Prof. of Physics, WMO College, Muttil, Kalpetta inaugurated the Zoology Association activities at Banasurasagar dam site, Mananthavady.
5. Department organised 7 day field study trip to visit research institutions and different habitats as per the syllabus. Students visited CMFRI and Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park at Rameswaram, Central Sericulture Research Institute, Coonoor and Tiger Reserve at Mudumalai.
1. Felicitation to Toppers- Felicitated top scorers of Final B.Sc. Zoology Degree Examination, 2017-18.
2. Hiroshima Day : an awareness rally and quiz competition was organized in the campus.
3. Club activities of 2018-19 was formally inaugurated jointly by Sri. V. Reghunathan and Smt. Manjula K.T., Asst. Professors of the Department of Zoology, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery at Dharmadam Beach.
4. Blood group detection, Awareness class and blood donors directory formation – a programme jointly organized by Zoology Club and College Union.
5. URJAKIRAN - 2019 – Conducted Energy Conservation Rally at Mattanur - funded by CED and Energy Management Centre, Kerala.
6. Conducted energy conservation rally, Energy survey and awareness class in Koodali Gramapanchayat in connection with URJAKIRAN – 2019.
1. International Conference on The new trends in Biological Research organised in association with
department alumni. Inaugurated by the former Principal and HOD of our Department, Prof. P
2. Zoology Association activities inaugurated by Roshnath Ramesh, Wildlife Biologist. He delivered a talk on Snakes of Kerala.
3. Principal Dr S Beena inaugurated a photo exhibition on Nammude Bhoomi, Avarudethum.
4. UrjaKiran 2019 – Energy conservation Awareness Programme organised with the financial support of CED and Energy Management Centre, Kerala.
5. Principal Dr S Beena released the manuscript magazine of zoology students.
6. Prof P Muraleedharan presenting Dr Balamani Endowment – 2018 to the Best Talent in Zoology under Kannur University
1. The Alumni of the Department of Zoology, P.R.N.S.S College, Mattanur in collaboration with the Department of Zoology organised an international webinar series on ‘The New Trends in Zoological Research’ on 11th December, 2020. The webinar series will comprise of lectures by prominent scientists, researchers, industrialists including the distinguished alumni of the department from both inside and outside the country. This initiative seeks to open the doors of knowledge on the frontier as well as emerging disciplines in zoological research to the graduate students and young science enthusiasts. Dr. A. Biju Kumar, Professor and Head of the Department of Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, University of Kerala inaugurated and delivered a lecture on the topic The fun of being a zoologist.