Grievance Redressal Cell
As suggested by University grants Commission New Delhi, the college has established a grievance redressal cell, to provide a mechanism for redressal of students grievances and ensure the transparency in admission and prevention of unfair practices. The committee consists of the Principal one senior faculty and the three or four other faculty members. The function of the cell is to go through the complaints lodged by any student, and its legal side. The cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the convener in charge of grievance redressal cell.
The objective of the grievance cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the college. The main aim of Grievance Cell is the redressal of the problems reported by the students of the college with the following objectives:• Keep the dignity of the college by ensuring conflict free atmosphere in the college through promoting cordial student relationship and student-teacher relationship.
• Encourage the students to express their grievances/problems freely and frankly, without any fear.
• To give proper advice to students to respect the one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of ridge arises.
• To advice the students to refrain from inciting students against other students, teachers and college administration.
• Any form ragging is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
Procedure for lodging complaint:• The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing to the concerned convener or committee member.
• The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
• The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
Members of the Committees:• Principal (Chairman)
• P. T. Muraleedharan, Associate Professor (Convenor)
• Dr. C Padmanabhan, Associate Professor
• Dr. Prasanna M K, Associate Professor
• Anjana V Student representative, III semester Physics